Sunday, March 20, 2011

Do you want to see God or just see Him move?

Why is it that we sometimes question why God calls us to do the impossible? Our humanness starts to take over and we begin to doubt the call he has placed on our hearts. Today in church, our preacher posed a question that made me stand in the moment; “Do you want to see God or just see Him move?” What a statement! I know that in my very own life I have been so focused on the miracle (the move) that I may have lost sight of God. God has placed this adoption on our hearts and Jim Bob and I took the step of faith to follow what he has asked us to do. That being said, I get consumed of the thoughts of the financial burden that this poses for our family. Jim Bob and I pray without ceasing that he will provide. I know that he will provide because it tells us so in the bible. I question myself after hearing this awesome message today, what am I looking for? We get so caught up in waiting for the miracle that we lose sight of God. We don’t even recognize the everyday miracles that he places in our lives. Getting up in the morning and taking a breath, every beat of my heart, and my children’s laughter are only but a fraction of the everyday miracles that I sometimes take for granted and don’t even give thanks for. Why is it that we stand with our arms wide open and ask...hey God, I am waiting...when are you going to strike me with that big miracle. He has in so many ways..we sometimes don’t even “see” it. God has shown us through this adoption process that he is with us by the miracles that have unfolded thus far. I need to pause in the moment and give thanks for what he has done today and not worry about tomorrow. Matthew 6:33-34 says; “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Remember, God is putting you through things today so that he can equip you to get through tomorrow. This adoption journey has been so amazing for Jim Bob and I. I have and am still learning so much about myself. God is pruning me each day so that I can be a better wife, mother, sister, and friend. Thank you God for all the miracles in my life!
So, for those of you who are reading this I have a few questions to ask you:
~What does God have to do to get your full attention?
~What is in your life today that is holding you back form receiving the fruit of God?
~Do you want to see God or just see Him Move?
Remember the everyday miracles and praise him for those blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment